Indigo Powder by Saach Organics
100% Natural Chemical Free Indigo Powder – 100g
Indigo is a blue plant and will give a blue/green tint to light coloured – grey or light blonde hair. When used together with henna or after henna it can give brown to black shades.
Indigofera Tinctoria Leaf Powder (Indigo Powder).
Free From: Parabens, Para Phenylenediamine (PPD), Ammonia, Peroxides
PETA Certified: Saach Organics products are never tested on animals
How to use:
Mixing the powder:
- Use a non-metallic bowl.
- Pour powder into bowl.
- 100g packet for shoulder length hair.
- Add lukewarm water and gradually and mix until you get a paste with the consistency of yoghurt.
Applying colour to Hair:
- Cover all surfaces that may stain: floors, work surfaces, clothes, etc.
- Divide hair into four sections: front, back, left, right.
- Use petroleum jelly as a barrier cream around your neck and hairline.
- Apply to hair using gloved hands or tinting brush working your way from roots to the ends. Use plenty to make sure of full even coverage.
- Once fully covered work your hair into a bun on top of your head and cover with plastic hair cap or wrap with cling film.
- Leave on for approximately 2 hours the longer its left in the deeper the colour will be.
- Rinse your hair with water until water runs clear this may take a little time so be patient, once the water has run clear you can shampoo your hair using Saach Organics colour protect shampoo included in the pack.
- Condition your as normal, use only natural conditioner without sulphates parabens, or petrochemicals.
To touch up grey roots:
- Apply to grey roots cover and leave for 1 hour and rinse off with water only.
- Apply remainder of paste to entire head including the roots again.
- Leave for 1 hour and follow rinsing out procedure as above.
Please note our colours are 100% chemical and perfume free. The earthy scent will disappear after thoroughly rinsing your hair. The oxidation process usually takes between 24-48 hours during which the colour of your hair will deepen.
Although our colours contain absolutely no chemicals, we do recommend doing a patch test prior to using. Apply a small amount of mixed paste to a safe place on your skin ideally inside elbow. Leave for a couple of hours and was off. If any irritations do occur, do not continue use.
We always recommend performing a strand test before colouring entire head of hair. Mix a small amount of powder into a paste, Apply to a strand of your hair leave for 2 hours rinse off and dry. Check after 48 hours to see end result.